Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

Im new here on this forum. I have a question regarding my new 2003 Lakota Sport I just purcahwed as a leftover. After my initial break in period of 10 hours is it important to bring it back to the dealer for them to perform a valve clearance adjustment? I was quoted $195 for that service. Seems high or at least they are charging a lot per hour of work.

Any other tips on break in would be appreciated as well.

THANKS

·
Registered
142 Posts
At the first 10 hour service there is no need to adjust the valves, the oils in the engine and rear diff need to be changed and everything looked over well, but adjusting the valves after only 10 hrs is a waste of time.

·
Registered
142 Posts
At the first 10 hour service there is no need to adjust the valves, the oils in the engine and rear diff need to be changed and everything looked over well, but adjusting the valves after only 10 hrs is a waste of time.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the quick reply. I was told that the valve clearance is setup differently from the factory specifically for the break in period thus requiring a change after 10 hours. Not to sound dumb but I dont think I need to change rear diff oil being I have a chain driven rear. Am I missing something???

1 - 4 of 4 Posts