Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all this is my first post.. Woo hoo there goes the cherry...!

I am rebuilding a 2003 zr 750-s and need some info:

The forks and front rim need to be replaced ( damaged badly), so I want to go the cheapest route possible which seems to be upgrading to a better fork at the same time.. I see complete front ends for late model sportbikes on ebay all the time for a reasonable price. I am sure that a set o ninja or gsxr forks would work much better than the pluch 750s stockers... but I would lose the speedo gear on the front rim if I do that..
any suggestions? I am sure someon here as upgraded there front end (other than the PVC spacer mod)..

let me know what my options are, I would like a better fork and would like a speedo that works..

·
Registered
32 Posts
howdy, quite a common question this and there is an easy solution as you thought, your ZR has normal RWU forks with a 41mm diameter, the same size as my Ninja.

What i did was get a complete front end from an early ZX6R 95,96,97 models ( 97 preferebly as its newer ) i.e front wheel, spindle, spacers, calipers, forks and slid them into my original yokes, result is a much better front end with loads of adjustable bits and much better handling!

Your bike will be pretty much the same and i doubt you will need to worry about getting the calipers as i think they are the same as is the front wheel but i'm not certain. As for the speedo drive, they should work perfectly well as both bikes use the same cables ( i think )

Hope this is of some help to you :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did not know that the zx's used a front wheel speed reading setup.. good info..

thank you..

any other thoughts are much appreciated..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts