Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Keep in mind that the baseline numbers are a tad bit off because it was run with the new pipes not the stock pipes. Also, i have not yet put in the K&N air filter, I'm awaiting the big brown truck before I can. I was told I could expect these numbers to increase slightly with better air flow in. HP I was told shoud increase 1 to 1.5 HP. Not sure about the torque number.

HP before 48.16 hp
after 51.88 hp
Net change 4.63 hp or 9.6% increase

Torque Before 60.07
After 67.87
Net Change 7.66 or 12.75% increase

The numbers themselves don't tell the full story. The torque curve is most impressive. Where the baseline curve goes up slow and eventually max's out at 60.07, the new curve shoots straight up to 60 or so and where it begins to level off to its full potential it is already12 ft. lbs ahead.

data supplied by spok

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
You wanna get even more air with your stock airbox ? When your K&N comes pull off your air cleaner backing plate. !st, remove the snorkel tube as all that does is suck air from closer to the clyinders = warm air. 2ndly, drill out a bunch of holes around the outer edge of the plate so that the holes are outside of the air cleaner. EPA regs really restrict 1500 air intake. I don't believe this would require any jet/efi changes. I had no probs on my 1600 before going the full Thunder route. Troop

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
Holy thread resurrection Batman!

BTK = BearTooth Kawasaki

1 - 6 of 6 Posts