Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which of the 2 bike handle better?

What are the 1/4 miles time for both bikes?

I know the 500R has a few more horses and is lighter so I am guessing its would be better then the GS500F in both my other questions.

If anyone has some solid numbers to compare besides all the specs which I already know plz let me know.

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
The 500R is a better performing bike, but it doesn't come with full fairings from the factory, so if thats what your looking for then you might wanna look at the suzuki. I'd personally suggest getting a used 500R and then getting a targa full lower for it and go on your way.

·
Registered
134 Posts
d0hnj0e said:
Which of the 2 bike handle better?

What are the 1/4 miles time for both bikes?

I know the 500R has a few more horses and is lighter so I am guessing its would be better then the GS500F in both my other questions.

If anyone has some solid numbers to compare besides all the specs which I already know plz let me know.
They are both good bikes, you should see which one fits you better. 2/100s of a second in the quarter mile doesn't mean much, but having a good fitting bike means alot. Either one will go faster and handle better than you will squeeze out of it unless you are a very good racer on a track.... 8)

·
Registered
19 Posts
the ninja is a much better bike. has 10 more hp, its liquid cooled, 4 valves per cylinder, only 2 in the gs. the gs has a motor from the late 70´s :shock:
the ninja motor is really fun, kinda snappy, its linear up to 7500 rpm then it wakes up and starts screamings like if its on steroids. so its a bike you can use to commute, really cheap (i have done 150 miles with just 2.7 gal, amazing). and on your weekend rides you can have fun on the back roads. not to mention the double front rotors on the ninja, on the gs its single.
the gs is a good bike, specially for beginners, so is the ninja, but overall the kawi is a better bike, and not only beginners will enjoy it.
10 hp is a big difference on bikes with just around 50 hp.

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
runingwild said:
not to mention the double front rotors on the ninja, on the gs its single.
the gpz500 has dual front discs... the US model only gets one. :x I think its silly, give us 2 rotors dangit!

·
Registered
19 Posts
**** that sucks, the euro gpz500 (US ninja 500r) got the double front rotor back in 1994, and has remained unchainged since then.

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
runingwild said:
**** that sucks, the euro gpz500 (US ninja 500r) got the double front rotor back in 1994, and has remained unchainged since then.
I think the only difference between the GPZ and the ex500d (ninja 500R) is the dual front discs and the ignition timing.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Freakinout said:
The 500R is a better performing bike, but it doesn't come with full fairings from the factory, so if thats what your looking for then you might wanna look at the suzuki. I'd personally suggest getting a used 500R and then getting a targa full lower for it and go on your way.
There was something about the 500R that I didn't like in terms of looks and it was about to convince me to get a ZX-6 or ZZR600 for my first bike. Apparently it was the lack of full fairings. Without them the bike just doesn't look that goot to me. This also had me constantly wondering why Freakinout had such a nice looking 500R.

Where cna i get these fairings, how do I put them on, how much, etc? I must know. Looking for a used 500R right now after this discovery.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts