Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT THE PROBLEM MIGHT BE FOR THIS? I JUST GOT A NEW ZX6R 2004 AND ONCE IN A WHILE WHEN I AM IN NEUTRAL AND WANT TO SHIFT INTO FIRST GEAR, IT WON'T GO IN. ANY IDEAS WHAT THAT WOULD BE? THANKS. :?

·
Road Snot Needs A Kleenex
364 Posts
I don't know if this will help, but once in a while I have the same problem with me '02 500R. Try rocking the bike forward or backwards a little while you try to put it into gear. Seems to always work for me.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO GET RID OF THIS PROBLEM? IT SEEMS TO HAPPEN WHEN I AM AT A STOP AND IN NEUTRAL AND TRY TO PUT IT IN FIRST GEAR. I DON'T WANT TO ROCK BACK AND FORTH EVERY STOP. THANKS FOR THE INFO RLOVRIN1. :(

·
Registered
4 Posts
when you say it wont go into first what do you mean does it try to shift into first and it grinds or does it fill like there isnt a gear there when you try?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Why are you in neutral at every stop? I'm just a new rider but the MSF instructor was very clear that you should always downshift to first before you come to a stop and stay in first at the stop. The reason is that you want to be able to get out of there in a hurry if the guy behind you doesn't stop.

On my bike I go straight from second to first without hitting neutral, I thought that was true on all bikes. The only time I ever use neutral is when getting off the bike to roll it into the garage or if I'm sitting in a parking lot and I want to let the bike idle without holding the clutch.

·
Registered
15 Posts
The Proper way to Get the Bike Into Neutral for a stop is to shift into Neutral while the Bike is still rolling a Little bit so you dont have to Manually move the Bike to get the Transmission to catch..Since transmissions are meant to be Shifted while Moving..>Except out of Neutral to Begin with. Its Not a Problem, Most Bikes Will need some rolling back and forth at stops if Improperly downshifted...So Even tho I Shift Into first for a stop If you need neutral to adjust your Idle at a stop or somthing..Keep Moving till Neutral...youll never have a Problem!
:twisted:
Hope I could help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts