Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the other day i left the atv running in nuetral,got off for a brief second and then returning to bike it just shut off. the folowing day i saw that it blew the 30 amp fuse. i tried my best to find the short and what i did find is that when i took of the 2 red/white wire connector it stopped popping fuse. any info would be nice.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I did just that and I found that when I unplug the wiring harness that comes off the starter solenoid going to fused link which leads back to ignition. So I think the problem is in the ignition switch cause it happens when I turn the switch on not when I try to start. I think I figured it out any suggestion on where to get one at a fair price or should I take lube and get ready ?

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
If it is the switch, I would replace it with an OEM unit. The site sponser, Beartooth, has a discount for forum members that order parts. I would try them.

Before I ruled the switch bad, I would test it according to the service manual. Seems I remember that these have a lights on with the key on feature, and if a bulb has droppeed a filament or a socket is grounded it will blow the main fuse too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.