Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bike was given to me, needed fluids changed, and a tune up, previous owner somewhat neglected to do basic maintenance but none the less it started up n ran just fine. Was my main and only source of transportation, rode it everywhere for about 2 months then one day it wouldn't start just made a clicking noise, got it towed to the shop I worked at, and after doing my research n troubleshooting it, I narrowed the problem down to the starter solenoid having gone bad. Ordered a new one (took over 2 weeks to come in) replaced it but now it's not even making a clicking noise. BTW during the time it took the new solenoid to arrive I had a falling out with my boss and quit working at the shop where my bike was and it unfortunately had to sit there the entire time. Battery is fine, reading 13.8V on the meter and Everything else looks fine. What else could be causing it not to start? Why is it not making that click noise anymore? Did I miss or overlook something? Am I just being paranoid or is it possible that my old boss did something to it after I quit which is why it's not even making that click noise anymore? I'm stumped and just want to get her fixed n start riding her again so bad. Any help or advice anyone?

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
You could well be the victim of some Tinkering by another party but that said hopefully not.
First off was it a OEM Selenoid or a cheap Chinese copy you fitted, Be honest ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts