Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a 2005 Ninja 250r, been sitting for about 4-5 months(and not i didn't warm up all those time :( ) now whenever I start, It won't idle without choke at max. if I turn off choke it die,(even after the temp gauge is hot) when it idle, whenever I twist the throttle, it die, if I just let it idle with full choke, it will idle forever, but anytime I twist the throttle, it would die...WTH ??? anyway, I took the carb apart, clean it, drain the bowl and my tank, and put in fresh 2gal of regular unleaded, still the same thing, will idle, but twist throttle and it die.

please can someone help, very frustrating, and I can't afford to have a shop look at it, as i can't afford it. :(

appreciated any helps i can get.

thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no I don't , but I can look at carb pictures on the ninja 250 wiki page, is that the long needle ? :D

and thank you very much for such quick respond, you made my day :)

I wont have time to clean it and put it back, but when i do, I'll keep my post update so it can help other too .

thanks again :)

·
AZ's Official Mechanic
5,201 Posts
no the pilot jet is down in the hole beside the MAIN JET..... it will be a straight head (i grind down a straight screwdriver to fit the head perfect) just use alot of downward pressure and nice steady twist to get it out... if its really stuck then soak it with PB BLASTER for awhile and try again.... once you get it out you will have to clean it ... its a TINY TINY HOLE ..
grab a can of B12 CHEMTOOL at walmart and let the jet soak overnight. it will either eat the gunk out or you will have to push a wire thru it... i use welding tip cleaners (lowes in welding area) and use the smallest cleaner....
ive had some that there was no way a speaker wire or similar would have pushed thru it but the welding tip cleaners are stainless and stronger/dont bend as easy so i was able to get the gunk out....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
updated:...

clean Pilot jet as suggested, still does the same thing, didn't got a chance, too busy with work and moving :-o, now I'm gonna take it apart and clean both Pilot and Main jet, any idea where Idle jet is ? as it's starting to idle rough, I guess from letting it sit for a few months,

http://faq.ninja250.org/images/e/e9/Inside_carb_8.jpg

Here's the pic from ninja wiki, where's the Idle jet located ?

Thanks for anyhelp

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
update:

Well I got the die-when-throttle-twisted problem fixed, but now, it won't idle without choke, period, even move the choke a little, and it die, and even with full choke it idle about 4k RPM, idle adjuster only seem to raise or drop idling about a couple hundreds RPM

·
Need Time To Ride
3,247 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts