Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just purchased a 2005 Nomad which has the Kuryakyn Hypercharger mounted. I have not ridden the bike yet (weather) but notice when seated on it that the hypercharger interferes with placement of my right leg making it awkward to get at the brake pedal (previous owner pointed this out to me too). Seems i'm just catching the outer edge of it unless I 'pretzel' my foot a little to get more bite on the pedal. Has anyone else noticed this? Any suggestions to improve this or modify something to allow easier foot placement on the pedal. Thanks.

·
Needs More Cowbell
11,774 Posts
Hypercharger is known for getting in the way. Probably best to replace it with something that gives more clearance for your leg. Caddman mod with the 9" Spectre air cleaner/filter from Autozone worked well for me, and was really cheap (about $40).

·
Registered
117 Posts
ALWAYS listen to Rusty ;)

But if you wanted to go another direction, you can buy a larger pedal to give you a little more to get your foot on; I did this with my 800 and it helped.

one of many possible sources: Scootworks - Kawasaki Extended Brake Pedals

Hope the weather lets you get out and enjoy the new scoot!

·
Winter sucks.
1,083 Posts
I got a couple of 3/4" spacers and new bolts from the hardware store to move the floorboard out a bit. This seemed to help with comfort and brake pedal reach (could get to the brake pedal before my leg hits the hypercharger enough to require "pretzeling").

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have just purchased a 2005 Nomad which has the Kuryakyn Hypercharger mounted. I have not ridden the bike yet (weather) but notice when seated on it that the hypercharger interferes with placement of my right leg making it awkward to get at the brake pedal (previous owner pointed this out to me too). Seems i'm just catching the outer edge of it unless I 'pretzel' my foot a little to get more bite on the pedal. Has anyone else noticed this? Any suggestions to improve this or modify something to allow easier foot placement on the pedal. Thanks.
no mods i have this on my custom 800 vulcan have to live with it

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thankyou for all the comments and suggestions. Not sure where I'll go with this at the moment. The previous owner shimmed floor boards out a little with spacers.....bike also came with Kuryakyn dually ISO offset pegs. Can't wait for spring.....to ride.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.