Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
I changed the topic title so it should be easier to get responses.

I would think any SS tire from pirelli, michelin, dunlap (sorry if I can't spell today) or any other name brand manufacturer. The stock sizes should work great too.

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
Freakinout said:
I changed the topic title so it should be easier to get responses.

I would think any SS tire from pirelli, michelin, dunlap (sorry if I can't spell today) or any other name brand manufacturer. The stock sizes should work great too.
OK, now i'm curious, what did the title of this thread use to be?

·
Registered
54 Posts
It just said: "2005 - ZX6R"
I clicked expecting to see something new...

Can't comment on tyres - there's not too much choice here, luckily the Bridgestones are quite common here and the folk seem to rate them for the ZZR's... If I have it correct they like 010 front and 020 rear...

:)

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Tires

Go to your favorite manufacturer and choose their best tire. There are so many great tires...it's almost down to personal preference. Some of the tires will wear out with 1500, one thousand five hundred, miles so be careful of what you really think you want. There was an article in one ofthe magazines about the writer and his changing the tires twice for every oilchange...this may seem excessive, but if you ride real hard and you don't want to go down...it's still cheaper than repairs to the bike or hospital ER. I'd say choose a decent tire that you like top of the line and try it...give it some time to properly scrub in before you start laying it over around the curves. look in a motorcycle magazine and see what they are runnig for tires and then you can see what is offered. then try to find them in a shop near you. if there is a defect in the tire then you aren't waiting for one and they should give you a decent price on the ones they carry and mount, balance and properly inflate the tire...any problems with tires and they own the problem, not you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts