Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is a alarm worth the money?
And how about the extended warranty is it good to buy?
Sorry for all the ? first bike :D

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Keep in mind that extended warranties always favor the house. Having said that - if money is tight and an unexpected repair would put your bike out of commision - it's not a bad idea especially if there is any negative repair history on the bike.

For the most part Kawis are pretty darn good and are built well.

As far as the alarm goes...is it a factory alarm or aftermarket like Scorpio? I've seen some that will notify you if your bike is moved outside of a set perimeter....Which kind and what does it do?

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
History/alarms

a Negative repair history is when the bike isin the shop all of thetime to be repaired for all sorts of things or just one thing. sometimes you just get some lemon that never seems to get right no matter how muchtime an dmoney you sink into it.
Alarms...If you have a $100 bike you really don't need an expensive alarm system just some locks to prevent theft. On the other hand if you have a great bike that you just wouldn't or couldn't afford to lose and youhave an alarm system o it then it is worth it. Scorpio and othe rmanufactures offer som really cool cheap to expensive systems for almost every bike. The scorpoi just plugs in an drequires no splicing of wires, always a nice thing, and it has options that can run up the tab for the system...living anywhere in or near the city you can always put chians o the bike, locks on your rotors, a cable around a pole, but with a set of bolt cutters a couple of thiefs could toss your bike into an enclosed trailer or even into a truck with or without a ramp and be gone in less than 20 seconds. At least with an alarm system it draws attention, and you can still use rotor locks and a cable for tiedown. I have a barn, so Ilock my bike to a major pole in the lean to, an add a Master lock through the rear sprocket and chain, if they want it they will need to cut the chain and lock, and hope the neighbors don't see them...YES the alarm system is worth it's cost...you should even get a discount from your insurance company...but check first if you want to.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Great FORUM

Thought I'd pop in...and toss him some answers and then you could undo anythin that I may of left him confused with... To bad Curt didn't have an alarm on his bike...I sure hope that they catch the guy responsible for the theft...I'd like to have him touch the word and ask for forgiveness before they haul him into jail...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts