Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed a muzzy slip on my 05 zx6r a while ago...
also installed the little peice that goes on top of the servo to turn the light off....

well over time, the servo kept making this click claking noise and now the FI light is on again, and they servo motor stopped making the whinning noise its suppose to make ....

I dont wanna keep buying servo motor cuz of this gay muzzy thing they sent me to keep the light off..... how can i permanently fix this ???

any help will be legit.

thanks !

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Permanant fix:-

1) Refit stock exhaust
2) Fit Fi Light Eliminator that works And is setup correctly
3) Snip Fi light wire at CDI (Not recommended but you asked)

Looking at the Muzzy plate below, Unless the other side has a cut out to locate the square on the servo motor then i can't see how you set it in the correct position to start with !!!

The picture below shows what happens when an eliminator is fitted incorrectly and the teeth get stripped from the driven wheel resulting in the light shinning brightly...:cry:

This can also occur when the Exhaust valve partially or totally seizes.

TBH i can't see why they fitted nylon teeth to this component :confused:

Once the Motor reaches this point the driven wheel no longer turns and results in the Fi comming on..

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yup... thats what i have... it only fits on 1 way ... so i dont kno y its making that noise when it hits the sides of the servo motor....

the picture shows how i have it set up.... or is it suppose to be backwards than the picture i made...?

thanks for the help !

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
The same thing is happening with my 06 zx6r and now the bike won't even start at all when it was running fine.... I have no clue what to do

1 - 7 of 7 Posts