Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member here .. been rideing for.. okay over 50 years WOW thats half a century.. Many different rides over the years no specific one favoured.
Current Ride is a 2006 Nomad 1600 with 97000KMs on it. Except for a flat and a ride on a back back road that tore out the oil plug on a bump totally trouble free..
Now my problem is engine noise that sounds at first like a truck muted back up alarm and then a steady low quiet whistle. Any hints as to the cause? Still rides fine and the noise is there at an idle so it is not running gear and no lack of power or performance. HELP PLEASE. ITs just plain annoying.

·
Super Moderator
10,810 Posts
I'm not sure if there's any help. Kawasakis are a noisy lot. Riding without earplugs used to drive me nuts with all the tinging and pinging and clunks.

Whistles are another matter, typically associated with the fuel tank venting. Open the tank while it's doing it and see if it goes away.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not sure if there's any help. Kawasakis are a noisy lot. Riding without earplugs used to drive me nuts with all the tinging and pinging and clunks.

Whistles are another matter, typically associated with the fuel tank venting. Open the tank while it's doing it and see if it goes away.
being driving it for about 13 years or so never considered it noisy my 1968 ish Triumph was noisier and the tip about the gas tank was a good one and i tried it. Thank you for your reply

1 - 3 of 3 Posts