Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Tree Magnet
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didnt get a manual with my bike (yes, I will order one). Anyone have the stock suspension settings for the 2006 KX250? Looking for clickers and height in the clamp. thanks.

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Ahh professor, he's sick. I am guessing that the clickers are around 10 clicks out stock. I would look for the Motocross Action review for the 06 KX250. They list what they found was their best clicker positions, springs rates, fork height, and oil level. Set it at that and then fine tune it from there. If I get time I will go dig that issue out.

·
Tree Magnet
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. I used that as a starting point, but they use a different spring for my weight range, and base those settings on MX. I am all woods, all Dave all night.
I would look for the Motocross Action review for the 06 KX250.
Cool. There was actually a great DB or DR article on the 2006 250 MXers, including best jetting and suspension set up for MX and offroad. If anyone has this issue, I seem to have lost it and would be greatly indebted.

·
Hey, lemme ride your bike
1,975 Posts

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
I dug through my DB mags, and found suspension settings for everything except the KX250. I am apparently missing some issues.

·
Registered
3 Posts
KDXGarage,
You say have fresh oil and the proper nitrogen pressure. I just bought a 96 kx125 for my son. I lowered the rear shock almost as low as it would go so he could touch the ground while getting use to it. Also he thought that cartridge had air so he took off the cap and checked it with a tire gauge and it seems there is nothing in there now.
Now the rear shock is leaking oil. Could lowering it and/or un-charging the cartridge have caused this? How can this cartridge be recharged with nitrogen? Can I use just air from a compressor? Any instructions for replacing oil or “rebuilding” this rear shock?
Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts