Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,187 Posts
I was reading online where the 06 and 07 models had a poorly designed head gasket. They fixed it in 08. So if you have the old style gasket you may have a coolant leak that may be causing your issues. Have you checked your coolant level and is your engine oil starting to turn white?

You could also try re-torqueing the cylinder head bolts.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I was reading online where the 06 and 07 models had a poorly designed head gasket. They fixed it in 08. So if you have the old style gasket you may have a coolant leak that may be causing your issues. Have you checked your coolant level and is your engine oil starting to turn white?

You could also try re-torqueing the cylinder head bolts.
No everything is ok .no coolant leak and no white in oil

·
Registered
16 Posts
I hear you about getting cold with no place to work where it is warm. I am from Canada so I know all about cold.
Hey, if you have to shut this project down until Spring that's ok. We will still be here. Or if a warm day comes along, keep at 'er.
Thanks , I really wish I had someone with the testers to check everything out but I don't .My mom is a Canadian citizen and die in 2013.I am applying for Canadian citizen under the Canadian descent law. I have family in Canada and Nova Scotia.

·
Super Moderator
1,187 Posts
Good luck with your application Allen. I have heard of others who have done the same as you and obtained Canadian citizenship.

Have you checked to see if there are any tool libraries in your area? Tool libraries operate just like book libraries although they have a small charge for use of a tool. Also you may wish to check with some of the large auto supply chains for free tool loans. Canadian Tire has a program called Loan-a-Tool. Other national store chains may have similar programs. Here is how it works:

·
Super Moderator
1,187 Posts
Compression testers are not overly expensive and if you take care of it, it will last you your lifetime. As an essential diagnostic tool it is a good investment in my opinion.

·
Super Moderator
1,187 Posts
I still come back to the compression check as the most valuable indicator and the best next step. You could have a head gasket leak. Remember these bikes had a head gasket issue. As the bike warms up the head gasket starts to leak. This will allow small amounts of coolant to get sucked into the cylinder.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts