Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after returning from a ride yesterday i parked bike up following morning i noticed small oil patch underneath front of engine is dry but around bottom of sump plug is wet with oil plug seems tight

·
TV Guru
11,779 Posts
after returning from a ride yesterday i parked bike up following morning i noticed small oil patch underneath front of engine is dry but around bottom of sump plug is wet with oil plug seems tight
Did you change the oil...like really recently? If so, did you make sure the old oil filter gasket came off with the filter you pulled? If it stuck on the bike, you might have two of them stacked on there.

The only other thing I can think of is leakage from the relief valve, but I think that's toward the rear of the engine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
zx10 oil leak

thanks after reading my post again i can see it could have been more clear.around the filter is dry the oil seems to be only under the engine it only drips just after a ride then seems to stop

·
TV Guru
11,779 Posts
thanks after reading my post again i can see it could have been more clear.around the filter is dry the oil seems to be only under the engine it only drips just after a ride then seems to stop
Can you tell what spot it's dripping from? Can you take a picture?

I'd fully clean the area where you think it's coming from, take a short ride, then watch it very carefully.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts