Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2006 ZX6R forks, front wheel, rotors

1K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  makenzie71 
#1 ·
Wheel has a bent lip, not terrible and was holding air, probably repairable. $75

Rotors look like they've hardly ever been used...might explain why the wheel got bent. $75

Forks are straight and cycle smoothly but need new seals minimum. $125

Prices are shipped to the continental US.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
That rim is bent. It would be easy to fix a chunk taken out, as you could Tig up a blob and put it on a lathe to bring it back to spec. The Rim has essentially a flat spot. It is scrap. IMHO The fork seals seem like they are leaking, due to the lines on the forks, unless that's dirt, but why post a pic like that, it looks like fork oil has made the dirt stick. ;)

#4 ·
Understandable, anyone buying forks should change the seals anyways. The rim however, in the pic you posted, showing the side profile, shows that the rim has a flat spot (relatively speaking) and is bent in. That kind of damage cannot be fixed. The Red line on the tire really of the rim shows that the rim is bent inwards form an arc, and is out of round (having a flatter spot). I stand by my opinion that the rim is shot. You can just state the forks need seals. Not stating it and showing a picture could lead someone less savvy to think it's dirt.

Why waste people's time posting something that you know is junk. You say "Don't buy it". That's a snarky answer. So I post it's junk, so that someone who is less knowledgeable doesn't buy something that is not repairable. I hope clears that it up.

The forks, even with leaky seals, are a good deal. Seals are easy to change, and on EBAY, there are many forks, but they cost a lot more, though there are some deals with the triple trees included that are priced excellently, but then shipping comes into the picture again. Depending on the shipping, yours would be hard to beat. your forks are a good deal. The disc rotors have some circular gouge lines. If they came with the rim, maybe, but the rim is shot, so you paying shipping (someone is) for scrap aluminum, and for rotors that have gouge lines. No worth it IMHO

Also, thanks for responding, I can't believe how many spelling errors I made!! I have large hands and fingers. I have to proof read more. Good luck. :)

#7 ·
when you're a very important knight of the public good you have to point out when sellers such as myself are trying to scam people by selling bent wheels and forks that need service. It doesn't matter that I pointed out that the wheel is damage and the forks need service, it only matters that I'm selling a wheel that is damaged and forks that need service.

#8 ·
Differences of opinion and debates are bound to occur. In fact they are encouraged on this forum, as long as we remain respectful of each other.

Your opinion was that the rim was repairable and Kawasakian's opinion was that it was not. Nothing wrong with that, but both you seem to have strayed a bit over the line in terms of respect for each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.