Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at a 2007 Mean Streak with 12k miles going for $6500. Is this a good deal? Plus i am a fairly new rider to cruisers but have been riding sport for about 3 years now. Do you believe the 1600cc would overwhelm me. Not sure if it matters but im 5'10'' and about 185lbs. Any help would be great.

·
MaNaMaNa DoDoDoDoDo
4,767 Posts
Decent price. And, NO, you will NOT be overwhelmed on this bike coming from a sport bike. If your sport bike was 600 or more, you will find the power is quite less. And twisties will NOT be the same, Much more mellow on a cruiser.

·
USAF
312 Posts
Your best bet is to check Kelly Blue Book/NADA for motorcycle prices in your area. That should tell you whether or not you are getting a good deal or not. According to KBB, retail is almost $7200 not accounting for mileage.

As far is the bike suited for you, I would get a test ride. Most dealerships (if that is where you are getting it) will let you test ride used bikes without issue. I wouldn't worry about the cc's too much considering you are coming off of a sport bike. These bikes are more about torque than they are hp. It will pretty much pull like a frieght train from beginning to end and not take off like a bottle rocket all at once like a sport will, but tend to peter out sooner due to the rpm restriction.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You guys are a great help. I figured Id post on a forum about it where there is people with first hand knowledge of the bike. I really like the look of 2007 MS and the bike for sale has 12k miles which seems high to me though. Is there any typical wear and tear for this bike or anything that this bike is known for that I should look for?

·
Alien Test Subject
3,515 Posts
Your biggest issue will be adjusting to the size, weight, and seating position of the bike. Compared to a sportbike, the Meanie is going to feel like it's a mile long and weigh a metric ton.

And don't forget (sounds stupid, but you'll do it) your feet go in FRONT of you, not behind you. First few rides on mine, I kept looking for the pegs to be where my sportbike's were! :lol:

·
VN 900 Classtom
1,689 Posts
Decent price. And, NO, you will NOT be overwhelmed on this bike coming from a sport bike. If your sport bike was 600 or more, you will find the power is quite less. And twisties will NOT be the same, Much more mellow on a cruiser.
+1

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Still havent seen the bike in person yet. All i have ever seen is photos and it looks great. The bike is actually for sale online and have been talking with the seller through emails and i am probably going to check it out this weekend.

·
Not so Newbie
248 Posts
The Mean Streak is a nice step to take between sportbike and cruiser. It's classified as a power cruiser. The power doesn't come into play until you do the big 3 mod. You may find some of that done by the previous owner. It's consists of a less restricted intake, a fuel controller and new exhaust. The increase in power is quite noticeable. The bike also runs cooler with the fuel controller and the unrestricted intake.

Is it the Special Edition or the standard black for 07? In my opinion, the 07 SE is the best looking year.

The Mean Streak has good handling for a cruiser, really great brakes, a sportbike front end, and passing power without having to ever downshift.

The price sounds good without being too good. 12,000 miles is not high. Some people put that much a year on. I've put 17,000 miles on my 08.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts