Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This weekend we got hammered with snow and I took the mule out for fun. In the morning it ran okay, but when I stopped for lunch and came out later the thing barely ran and I had no power in the transmission. What I have done is drain the fuel tank, refueled, put heat in it, and gas treatment. I also changed the spark plug. The engine seems to be running better with the choke fully engaged and the accelerator fully presserd down. When I either let upi on the Accelerator or adjust the choke instant kill. Also, when I attempt to put it in gear, the machine will travel but very sluggishly. Also, I keep it in an unheated shed and when i stopped for lunch I left it outside for a few hours. Could ice have built up in the lines? Temp was around the freezing mark. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly helpful. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
I would suspect water has iced in the fuel filter or in the fuel pump if you use fuel that is not oxygenated. Most pump fuel is oxygenated and will not freeze because the the alcohol content.

You may want to try some fuel Heat (product that thaws ice out of fuel) and try it again after the Heat is circulated.

It could also be the fuel filter is full of scum from old fuel, or snow/water clogging the air cleaner if you were enough snow to ingest it and wet the air filter.

If it were wet and cold enough you may have froze the air vent to the fuel tank and clogged that. Crack open the fuel cap and see if that makes a difference.

If you were running with old fuel, then it is likely a plugged carburetor that needs to be cleaned. By old fuel, it can be as new at three weeks old and go bad now days.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.