Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I found a good deal on a leftover zx-10. Anyone from here have one? What do and don't you like about it. Also who makes a good pipe for it?

I have been off the street for 2 years and i had an 06 gixxer 600 then. I am ready for the 1000 now but have never ridden a kawi streetbike.

·
Premium Member
3,704 Posts
Hey guys I found a good deal on a leftover zx-10. Anyone from here have one? What do and don't you like about it. Also who makes a good pipe for it?

I have been off the street for 2 years and i had an 06 gixxer 600 then. I am ready for the 1000 now but have never ridden a kawi streetbike.
I have one. There's nothing I can think of that I don't like about it, but its weak points are the stock tires and the front brakes.

I still have the stock pipes, and unless you're looking for a louder pipe or want to replace it for looks then you don't need to replace it with aftermarket. The bike is plenty fast and powerful with the stock cans. All the usual companies make pipes for this bike, including Yoshi, Akrapovic, Scorpion, Two Bros, and Leo Vince.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have one. There's nothing I can think of that I don't like about it, but its weak points are the stock tires and the front brakes.

I still have the stock pipes, and unless you're looking for a louder pipe or want to replace it for looks then you don't need to replace it with aftermarket. The bike is plenty fast and powerful with the stock cans. All the usual companies make pipes for this bike, including Yoshi, Akrapovic, Scorpion, Two Bros, and Leo Vince.
Thanks for the info. I am going to get the bike but now comes the real hard part. Picking the color. They have red blue and green. I like the louder sound of the aftermarket exhaust. I dont need to do any mods besides an exhaust for sound. I already know the bike rips.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I have the 2006 ZX-10r in the Kawi Green... Love it!
Buddy has the red '07 and he said he'd switch out to the Green or Blue if he could, but made due with the red because of the deal he landed.

I have Scorpion SS exhaust on mine, Power Commander, DynoJet Display screen, GiPro Gear Indicator w/ ATRE, Pazzo racing levers.. It screams in the higher RPMs, but in the lower end it's nice to have it not screaming as I'm just hopping around town.
Was thinking of doing Heli Bars but since I'm comfortable with my current setup, I'm just going to stick with the stock ones I think. I have a Scotts steering stabilizer coming, I'm nixing the stock Ohlin's.

Bike is awesome, like many say and you've admitted too.. Awesome power!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts