Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Bike-less
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just looking around for bikes and I saw a 2008 650R and noticed something different.

The front is now black on all colors. I personally don't like what they've done.

2007 model

2008 model

What do you think?

·
Registered
177 Posts
I bought the '07 as soon as I saw the color changes for the '08 model. I agree with you...and I'm partial to blue.

·
Premium Member
2,408 Posts
Really... maybe im just weird, but i do like the new colors... i still am not a huge fan of the bike itself though.... nothing wrong with it.... it jsut feels too top heavy for me.

·
Registered
34 Posts
i also bought the 07 when i saw the 08 colors..plus you can get a serious deal on an '07 right now

·
Non Omnis Moriar
7,812 Posts
I've always been fond of the Kawi Green and think the black goes nice with it. My son has an 07 blue one.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
I read somewhere that there some "revisions" were made to the frame, forks and wheels. Unfortunately, I don't know what a revision exactly is...maybe it is the paint scheme.

One thing about color and basic looks of a bike that I learned from my 500R: it doesn't matter how ugly a bike looks from the front, side or back because when you're riding it, you don't have time to "amdire" it based on looks. Same thing with my Z1, I don't say to myself, "Oh yeah...my bike looks bad @ss in black!"--nope, it's more like, "**** I need to squeeze the tank with my legs more because if I don't, I'm gonna fly off!".

Don't get me wrong, I totally understand that looks affects all of us (hell, that's why I wanted the Z1 in the first place), but in the end, it's the feel of bike that we should base our purchase on.

Oh...and I kinda like the black part on the front. When I almost got the 650R, I thought it was a "neat" change. It's kinda cool seeing how the bottom fairing and the middle of the top fairing match.

·
Old Man Riding
930 Posts
heck - they all look good to me. :) But you didn't post pics of the ALL BLACK one. That one looks pretty darn good IMO. I actually prefer the all black to the 06 black w/silver lower fairing. JMO though. I'm not the world's best on fashion, and what colors look good together. I'm still having trouble with that 'mauve' thingy. But I do know one thing. BLACK IS STILL THE FASTEST COLOR!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts