Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I have a diesel mule that i bought new and love it. it isnt used very hard, it is at deer camp and used for light work and hunting. i only have about 70 hours and 200 miles on it. I took it in for service about 8 months ago. I beleive they changed oil and cleaned filters and greased it. They said no valve adjustment was needed or will be needed for a long time. The price was 250 dollars.

My question is can i just do this myself and save some money. is there anything special that they do that i coudnt. How do you guys clean the filters? at how many hours do you adjust the valves? how often do you change your oil. do you use the oil from kawasaki. any hidden grease fittings that are tought to find? or anything else i need to know or do?
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
The Owners Manual covers the service intervals and lubricants to use, and the Service Manual walks you through the various adjustments and intervals.

I would not touch it without first reading and understanding both manuals.

For the average guy without diesel experience, the cost of a dealer service is well worth the peace of mind.

For the mechanically minded with a decent box of good tools, the service is relatively straightforward.

This is definitely one of those cases where you cannot just undertake to do the service without a clue as to what you are doing or why.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts