Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.

I'm wide-shouldered. I've found that gripping the Versys handlebars where I usually grip on all the other bikes I've owned (with my thumb and index finger up against the grip sleeve), I end up with pain in my elbow after a relatively short time.

My solution has been to grip the handlebars about 1.5 inches away from the sleeve, so the heels of my hands are actually on the metal handlebar end weights. This is okay and it does work, but it isn't the ideal.

I checked out the handlebars with the thought to replace them with something wider and the cables are all so incredibly tight that I'd have to replace all the cabling as well.

Adjusting the handlebars forward or backward won't help since it's the width of the bars compared to my shoulders that's the source of the problem.

I could get surgery I guess.... :lol:

My question is: Anyone else with a Versys face this problem and figure out a solution that's more permanent than mine?

I find it interesting that my Kawi Vulcan 900LT had bars that were so wide that they caused pains between my shoulder blades while my Versys bars are so skinny that they cause pain in my elbows. I have to wonder who they're using as a model for the ergonomics on their machines.:eek:

Anyway, anyone with clever ideas about the skinny handlebars on the Versys, please respond.

Thanks!

Will

·
Registered
2 Posts
handlebars

Hi.

I'm wide-shouldered. I've found that gripping the Versys handlebars where I usually grip on all the other bikes I've owned (with my thumb and index finger up against the grip sleeve), I end up with pain in my elbow after a relatively short time.

My solution has been to grip the handlebars about 1.5 inches away from the sleeve, so the heels of my hands are actually on the metal handlebar end weights. This is okay and it does work, but it isn't the ideal.

I checked out the handlebars with the thought to replace them with something wider and the cables are all so incredibly tight that I'd have to replace all the cabling as well.

Adjusting the handlebars forward or backward won't help since it's the width of the bars compared to my shoulders that's the source of the problem.

I could get surgery I guess.... :lol:

My question is: Anyone else with a Versys face this problem and figure out a solution that's more permanent than mine?

I find it interesting that my Kawi Vulcan 900LT had bars that were so wide that they caused pains between my shoulder blades while my Versys bars are so skinny that they cause pain in my elbows. I have to wonder who they're using as a model for the ergonomics on their machines.:eek:

Anyway, anyone with clever ideas about the skinny handlebars on the Versys, please respond.

Thanks!

Will
I got exactly the same problem. I am looking for a handlebar like the ProTaper but hopefully without the need to add extra handlebar posts, because it'll make the handlebar to high and unsafe to drive the Versys.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts