Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
2008 VN 900 Classic
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2008 VN 900 and noticed the other day tat the black paint was peeling off the regulator cover, didn't think much about it its in a vunerable position so just pointed it out, so that it could be replaced at next service.
Today giving her a wash down noticed that same is happening to other metalwork under the rear mudguard. bear metal showing all over the place!!
has any one else had the same trouble or do I have a friday night paint job?

·
900 Customer
901 Posts
I've never heard of that happening. The black on the frame seems pretty durable on my bike. I'd definitely get it looked at. You don't want that stuff rusting.

·
wisdom is IQ, not post #
860 Posts
Yup. Paint issues all over my bike. Slowly repainting or powdercoating everything. They only cover cosmetics for a few months after purchase so return it NOW. Don't wait until next service. Also, if its everywhere you can demand a new bike as a lemon. If I had known what I do now I would have. They're also complete pricks and will try to tell you to repaint it yourself with a spray paint can "they'll provide free of charge". Demand new parts.

·
2008 VN 900 Classic
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info, I will return it to the suppler ASAP, By the way it looks like the main chassis powder coat stuff is OK.
But I'm disappointed I was hoping to make this a keeper but if its rusting out after six months it don't look good, shame its a great ride!!

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
If the dealer won't cover it under warranty go get some bed liner that should take care of the issues that are prone road wear. You can always get a chrome regulator cover.

·
Every dog has it's day...
1,113 Posts
I have a 2008 VN 900 and noticed the other day tat the black paint was peeling off the regulator cover, didn't think much about it its in a vunerable position so just pointed it out, so that it could be replaced at next service.
Today giving her a wash down noticed that same is happening to other metalwork under the rear mudguard. bear metal showing all over the place!!
has any one else had the same trouble or do I have a friday night paint job?
Any updates on what you did or what happened?

·
2008 VN 900 Classic
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Initially Kawi refused to deal with the problem stating that it was stone damage so not there problem. I said that if that was their last word I would seek a total refund because the bike was not "fit for purpose", eventually after many emails and phone calls with them and the supplier Kawasaki have agreed to a repaint of the affected parts.
The supplier was just as disappointed as I, at how I was treated by Kawasaki. I’m sure that if I didn’t get involved directly with Kawasaki they would have ended up bearing the cost of providing the good service that they have always given me, I didn’t think that was fare and was more than happy to give the "customers view".

Needless to say I will never buy another Kawasaki nor could I ever recommend one to a friend, and at the earliest opportunity I will get rid of what I have.

Shame its a great ride just a crapp company!!

Roger

·
Registered
162 Posts
Ouch....

·
Vicrory is Mine
2,489 Posts
I hear you brother. Your sentiment is echoed all over this forum and many others. It is unfortunate that Kawasaki can make a good bike but they suck so badly with customer service.

With the quality of the "other" brand improving so much, and the way they support their product and treat their customers there is sure to be many a convert.

·
900 LT
1,135 Posts
My regulator cover and radiator grille werent peeling but they were liiking a lil shabby, i grabed a rattle can of grille paint (satin black) took 3 mins looks great

·
PColaFl V2K LT
3,224 Posts
Yup. Paint issues all over my bike. Slowly repainting or powdercoating everything. They only cover cosmetics for a few months after purchase so return it NOW. Don't wait until next service. Also, if its everywhere you can demand a new bike as a lemon. If I had known what I do now I would have. They're also complete pricks and will try to tell you to repaint it yourself with a spray paint can "they'll provide free of charge". Demand new parts.
That's not the way the "Lemon laws" work.

Initially Kawi refused to deal with the problem stating that it was stone damage so not there problem. I said that if that was their last word I would seek a total refund because the bike was not "fit for purpose", eventually after many emails and phone calls with them and the supplier Kawasaki have agreed to a repaint of the affected parts.
The supplier was just as disappointed as I, at how I was treated by Kawasaki. I’m sure that if I didn’t get involved directly with Kawasaki they would have ended up bearing the cost of providing the good service that they have always given me, I didn’t think that was fare and was more than happy to give the "customers view".

Needless to say I will never buy another Kawasaki nor could I ever recommend one to a friend, and at the earliest opportunity I will get rid of what I have.

Shame its a great ride just a crapp company!!

Roger
It is a shame they would not just swap parts instead of repainting. Too bad they did not treat you better. I'm sure we will all keep this in mind.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Kawasaki can't find my country, even though it is in the EU, they only recognize Schengen area countries as belonging to Europe. Apparently there is a black whole where Kawasaki think some countries are located.

Not much of quality of service and they are not the only ones.

No wonder scond hand bikes are more common than new ones.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts