Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I was just wondering, what the major differences are between the 2008 and the 2009 model? Also, is there any way to lower the seat height? I'm a 5'5" female rider. I've been on my friend's 2009 Ninja 250 and the height was manageable for me (though I would have liked it a little lower). Any feedback would help. Thanks!

·
BACK ON TWO WHEELS
13,542 Posts
the bikes are indistinguishable...you can get lowering links and fram sliders,

rec a 2" lower and drop the forks 7mm

thats what i did on my wifes 600RR

·
My hat is made of tinfoil
20,826 Posts
I heard in 2009 they got a new fairing, mirrors, swingarm, seat, rear brake disc, and EFI changes, as well as different tires all from the factory.

·
Workin' to ride
559 Posts
So, have you settled on a new bike yet?
Hi Pat! No, I've been set back to dreaming with the crappy economy here in Spokane. New patients are few and far between these days. I'm lucky to keep my old patients just coming in for their exams! Hopefully things will improve when the weather warms up...

But...the 650R looks real nice. Just don't know if my 30" inseam will tolerate the seat height. Would probably have to lower it.

·
My hat is made of tinfoil
20,826 Posts
Hi Pat! No, I've been set back to dreaming with the crappy economy here in Spokane. New patients are few and far between these days. I'm lucky to keep my old patients just coming in for their exams! Hopefully things will improve when the weather warms up...

But...the 650R looks real nice. Just don't know if my 30" inseam will tolerate the seat height. Would probably have to lower it.
Consider yourself lucky actually, when tall like me, its a problem on bikes like the 650r not getting all squashed up into a ball trying to ride them.

·
Workin' to ride
559 Posts
How about differences between the 2009 and 2010? I see the fairing is a little different, but isn't the rest the same?

·
Old Man Riding
930 Posts
Actually - there are several differences - mainly cosmetic though. The instrument/controls include a digital speedo instead of the analog in earlier 650R's. Also, the fairing color schemes are different (if that matters). Either is pretty darn good so you're probably making a good decision either way.

If you really want to know all the detail changes, just google "2009 650R Kawasaki Reviews" and it'll make it easy for you to decide.

Good luck with your choice.

·
Dark Angel of Sin
12,020 Posts

you could do it i have a 28 inseam i think i am only 5,1 and i can do it and my bike is not lowered. :)

·
Dark Angel of Sin
12,020 Posts
I would also depend on your riding style change the bars out to sports bars they made a huge diffreance for me feels so much better in corners and on the track. :)

i have frame sliders on my also were very easy to put on mine is a 06 so the new ones not sure if as easy :)

fun bike for sure

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.