Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.

FYI

2009 Vulcan Heat Shield notice attached.

I don't know if this will be honored in Canada, but it's a start.

Regards

Attachments

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
I called my dealer, he took my info and said he would call Kawa order the parts and let me know when to bring it in. He called back and said my bike was not covered because not all 1700's were in the Service Order I called Kawasaki and spoke to them. they said all VN1700 are covered, they took my dealers name, VIN info and said they will straighten him out and see who he called at Kawasaki and they will call me back after they get him sorted out.

·
Every day is a good ride
1,895 Posts
Good luck. I recently called Kaw for help identifying a part the stealer ship wouldn't help with and neither would maw Kaw.

·
*NRA*
282 Posts
Interesting..One of the changes to the 2010 model 1.7k's is an improvement on its "heat management system" which is supposed to help deflect engine heat.. BTW)anyone know what the rear wheel rim width is on the 1700's?

·
VN 900 Classtom
1,689 Posts
I called my dealer, he took my info and said he would call Kawa order the parts and let me know when to bring it in. He called back and said my bike was not covered because not all 1700's were in the Service Order I called Kawasaki and spoke to them. they said all VN1700 are covered, they took my dealers name, VIN info and said they will straighten him out and see who he called at Kawasaki and they will call me back after they get him sorted out.
After these repairs I wouldn't do business with this dealer.

·
Registered
449 Posts
After these repairs I wouldn't do business with this dealer.
They were probably planning on receiving the parts for your VIN then a few months from now selling em to you to help with the heat. There was a show on tv (i think 60 mins or some such show) that said dealers were charging for recall repairs as up grades to customers that didn't know any better.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts