·
Super Moderator
10,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Super Moderator
10,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
B U M P. I've sent my registration in. Come join me!

·
Patriot Guard Rider
967 Posts
Would if I wasn't going in the opposite direction...lol. Just hope the weather will cooperate statewide next weekend. Hey, let me know how the GPS works out (saw the other posts); I've been thinking about one but not sure. I usually just plan my routes on mapquest and print them out. Have occasionally stopped and asked directions but that just takes all the fun out of it.
Charles

·
Super Moderator
10,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I rode with the GPS this morning. No vibration, rock solid. I normally have to wear 1.5 diopter eading glasses to see up close but it is mounted far enough away that they were not needed. All in all I like it.

I'm sure I won't be using it on a routine basis but we FJR riders have what we call "The Assistance List". Folks volunteer and list their phone #'s, addresses, and services they can offer (trailer, work space, tire changing, spare bed, etc.) to travelers in need. The organizer has it set up as a .pdf to print out and as a .gpx that can be installed on your GPS as a Point Of Interest (POI) file so everyone signed up, now 400+ people in the U.S., Canada & elsewhere, have their info available to everyone at your fingertips. The POI file loaded onto the GPS gives phone #'s, distance, direction and GPS driving instructions to each contact person. Hopefully I'll never need it but it sure is a comfort having all those people just a phone call away when traveling, whether by auto or by bike.

·
Super Moderator
10,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bump, bumpity, bump.

·
Patriot Guard Rider
967 Posts
Hey Russ,
Kenny may be going on the Hogs & Rags. His work plans changed so they're not riding to the OBX with me. When I told the missus they had backed out on me, she said she wanted to go since I already had a room booked Friday night. Don't know if we'll make it all the way to the OBX or do some riding and browsing in the Plymouth and Edenton area. Just hope the weather holds out for everybody...

Charles

·
Super Moderator
10,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Russ,
Kenny may be going on the Hogs & Rags. His work plans changed so they're not riding to the OBX with me. When I told the missus they had backed out on me, she said she wanted to go since I already had a room booked Friday night. Don't know if we'll make it all the way to the OBX or do some riding and browsing in the Plymouth and Edenton area. Just hope the weather holds out for everybody...

Charles
Yeah, I've been watching the weather too but WTH, I've got rain gear and I'm not afraid to use it :biggrin:! If Kenny's there, I'll find him.

Hope your trip works out. As much as I enjoy the H & R ride, I think I'd rather be at OBX, especially this time of year while it's not too hot yet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts