Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
soft drinks & stiff women
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for those guys wanting 900 Custom styling with a bigger bang...Honda looks like their giving
you your wish. Just figured I would share these with the group. All of them are based of the
Honda Fury "Chopper".

1300 Custom Line - Honda Powersports

All of the bikes are shaft-driven, 1312cc liquid-cooled 52* V-Twins, 5-speeds, 170/80-15 rear
tires, and optional ABS. The Sabre has a 90/90-21 front tire while the Stateline and Interstate
have 140/80-17 fronts. Basically, the Sabre is the 900 Custom ($11,799, non-ABS), the Stateline
is a 900 Classic ($11,699, non-ABS), and the Interstate is a 900 Classic LT ($12,749, non-ABS).

Sabre:

Stateline:

Interstate:

·
Crazy Old Guy
1,189 Posts
Nice bikes, but I'll take my 900 and $4K, thank you very much!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Oh boy are you opening up a big can a worms around here. ( whispers ) There are certain individuals on here who get quite insulted by anyone posting something ( other than a Kawasaki ) and don't seem the least bit worried about flaming.
IMO, I like it.

·
Registered
574 Posts
While they do have the 900 on cc's, everything else goes to the 900. Belt over shaft, larger rear tire, larger fuel tank, styling, MPG, clock, cost.

·
2x the bike for 1/2 the $
1,175 Posts
HOW DARE YOU POST SOMETHING THATS NOT A KAWI!!! :shock: :biggrin: :lol:

·
Forgot to grow up
1,118 Posts
Maybe the styling is a bit 900ish, but almost 50% more cc's, hence the extra 4-5k. And you know how reliable honda's are.

·
Registered
460 Posts
It looks like Honda is on a new adventurous way lately.
A new direction in japanese (factory) cruiser styling.
I see here a blend of styles with the Interstate and Stateline versions.
Customised and 60's/70's looks (the gastank and higher/longer front end frame.
Round thick look of 40's based cruiser styling (frontfork and fender, wheels).
+ some sharp edged styling with no roundings at all.
I can't say I dislike it, but It looks to me all mixed together.
Why not..Respect for some adventure.

·
Registered
407 Posts
As a VTX 1300 rider, it seems many of my fellow VTX'ers don't like the new bikes. Personally I think they look pretty good. I like that they have FI and ABS as I wish my VTX had these. Throw in a 6 speed too and the VTX would be perfect IMHO. I have no idea though, how they get saddlebags on these bike without a fender rail. I also think the gas tank needs to be bigger both visually and for extended range.

I will wait to see one in person to make my final judgment. It doesn't really matter to me though as my bike is less than a year old so I will be riding it for several more years (or longer) before I consider another bike.

·
Strat Man ... ok, PRS too
582 Posts
Nice Bikes.

Speakiong as someone fortunate enough to have a partner that enjoys riding, the Interstate (and maybe the stateline) should have a more passenger friendly back seat. On the Sabre, that seat makes total sense.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Speaking of adventure.
Out of my head, I think of all japanese manufacturers, Kawi made the most extreme, The Drifter...not my cup of tea, but awesome that they produced it.

It looks like Honda is on a new adventurous way lately.
A new direction in japanese (factory) cruiser styling.
I see here a blend of styles with the Interstate and Stateline versions.
Customised and 60's/70's looks (the gastank and higher/longer front end frame.
Round thick look of 40's based cruiser styling (frontfork and fender, wheels).
+ some sharp edged styling with no roundings at all.
I can't say I dislike it, but It looks to me all mixed together.
Why not..Respect for some adventure.

·
Crazy Old Guy
1,189 Posts
Don't get me wrong, I'm perfectly happy with my 900 Custom SE...just thought I would share some new bikes with the group. :)
I shouldn't have dismissed these bikes so quickly or harshly. I looked for a bike for 6 months and had a list of 'must-haves' and had actually decided on the VTX1300, until I found out it was carbureted. Soo . . . I then decided on my 900. I have since ridden a VTX1300 and I could have 'lived' with it, but still like my 900 better.

When I first saw the mag article about the new Fury based 'mainstream' bikes, I was pretty excited. EFI is really nice (one of my must haves), but I agree that the tank size should be larger for extended range. Nice job Honda . . . :smile:

·
Threadjacker
111 Posts
Honda Powersports said:
Long, Low, Lean and Mean. Raked-out front end. Asphalt-skimming saddle. Fat rear tire. Looooong wheelbase. In other words, Pro Street styling from tip to tail.
I don't think 170/80-15 qualifies as a "fat rear tire," much less "Pro Street styling."

I love the lines of the Interstate for a touring bike (those inverted forks would look sweet with the Sabre front wheel BTW), but 4.4 gallons just won't get it done.

·
Registered
15,327 Posts
I like them other than the shaft drive. Don't know about the performance. Just don't care for the look at all. I think they'll sell well though.

·
Registered
119 Posts
The Sabre name belong on a four cylinder bike.

It's just wrong to see it on a Shadow of a Sabre. This V65, the Magna was more cruiser like, had 120 bhp.

·
'01 1500 Classic FI
1,163 Posts
I'd much rather get the Nightster starting at $9,999 and add
the goodies to make it look comparable to this one:

·
Alien Test Subject
3,515 Posts
Not digging any of them. But I'm not a fan of the Fury's styling either.

I do like the look of the motor/tranny, and how it's all smooth and clean, like it was all milled out of one solid piece of billet. But there is just something about the proportions of the bike that don't look right to me - like it was stretched lengthwise, while smooshed down vertically.

And the Interstate, specifically, the bags and windsheild look out of place all together.

I give Honda a lot of credit for the attempt, but Kawi's 900 looks much better in overall shape.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts