Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

How many nights would you like to stay in the same location (tentatively Marlinton WV

• 2 Nights (Thur, Fri), head north for Sat night

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3 Nights (Thur, Fri, Sat), head home Sunday

• Don't care -- I'll join and leave the group as needed

• Other suggestions

1 - 20 of 133 Posts

·
Extreme Gizmologist
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you're interested in riding with us in next summer's 2010 PA forum ride, we'd like to get your inputs. Currently we've been discussing leaving Carlisle, PA on Thursday morning 8/5/2010 (some of us would stay overnight beforehand in the area) and then riding to Marlinton WV.

If we stay 2 nights in Marlinton (Thursday, Friday), we'd do a loop ride on Friday and then head to another location (probably eastern panhandle of WVA) for Saturday night and then head home on Sunday 8/8.

If we spend 3 nights in Marlinton (Thursday, Friday, Saturday), we'd have 2 days for loop rides in the area (absolutely no shortage of fantastic rides in that area) and would leave from there on Sunday. Depending on interest, we could coordinate a stop Sunday night somewhere, again probably in the eastern panhandle or WVA or south-central PA which might help break up the distance for folks with a longer ride home, but at the cost of needing to ride on Monday.

What say you?

·
Extreme Gizmologist
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'll start. I brought up the idea of only 2 nights, but I voted for 3 nights in Marlinton. I'd only have a 5-6 hr ride home, but continuing riding with some others on Sunday and making another nights stop somewhere is an option for me.

·
AKA Gravel Girl <Lola>
3,955 Posts
I voted for 3-nights in one location. It would be a pain in the caboose to switch hotels just for one night. Of course my opinion is moot if I don't get my stupid hands worked out for another long ride.

·
Perpetual Motion
6,663 Posts
I voted two nights. I'm thinking I might be going myself next year with Sandy's situation. Not a good idea to ride when your hands go numb. Hopefully we'll get it worked out.

·
I miss you, Deron
19,783 Posts
I voted for three nights, but don't factor that in too heavily, since I have no idea yet whether we'll be able to make it.

·
Former Vulcan Lady
4,225 Posts
I voted for 2 nights since it's 8 hours by slab (without stops) from Malinton to my home. But it's doable and I will do whatever the majority wants.

Skip - You and Cheryl are welcome to stay in my house on Sunday night if this is the way the group goes.

·
Registered
10,122 Posts
I voted for 3-nights in one location. It would be a pain in the caboose to switch hotels just for one night. Of course my opinion is moot if I don't get my stupid hands worked out for another long ride.
I voted two nights. I'm thinking I might be going myself next year with Sandy's situation. Not a good idea to ride when your hands go numb. Hopefully we'll get it worked out.

Hiya Todd & Sandy!! Been way too long guys! What's up w/yer hands missy? Carpet tunnel? Maybe you need to do some hand aerobics or somethin.....anyways, seriously, sure hope you're able to get it worked out before riding season! Worse case....ride biotch, the Temptress can handle it! :biggrin:

·
TriXie Chaser
1,823 Posts
Hiya Todd & Sandy!! Been way too long guys! What's up w/yer hands missy? Carpet tunnel? Maybe you need to do some hand aerobics or somethin.....anyways, seriously, sure hope you're able to get it worked out before riding season! Worse case....ride biotch, the Temptress can handle it! :biggrin:
CARPET TUNNEL....You crack me up Gary :) By the way WE are looking at doing both rides also :)

·
Novice Tank Roller
15,810 Posts
I chose option 3. There is plenty of great riding if we use that as a home base. Socializing and riding, what better way to spend a couple of days.
Besides that, if it's the first of the month, there will be lots of entertainment watching the drunk locals.

·
Registered
10,122 Posts
Way cool Joe!! I'd love to do both too, we'll have to see! Depends on how much we go to Fl to see our daughter, right now, Christmas in Fl is definite............I'm really diggin the warm weather there now, winter cold suuuuuxxxxxxx!!!!! :biggrin:

·
Former Vulcan Lady
4,225 Posts
Looks like 3 nights is winning. I will call tomorrow to block the rooms. I will just leave early on Sunday for the trip home. I hope someone else is traveling north at the same time so that I am not riding alone.

1 - 20 of 133 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.