Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It will run for roughly 10-15 minutes and go to stall. If you pull the choke it will help prevent if from stalling. Replaced fuel filter, fuel pump, has new spark plug, and I've ran carb cleaner through the system. I've checked the cap to the gas tank thinking it was a vent issue. Not sure what to do next. I didn't read were someone installing a 12v fuel pump on a 2012 Mule that was having similar issues. Thoughts? Help??

·
Registered
882 Posts
It doesn't need a 12v pump. That's a band aid on a missing appendage type "fix".

It's starving for fuel and/or boiling the fuel. Do a fuel flow test. Rig up a nurse tank to feed the carburetor indpendent of the Mule's fuel system. Then put your open fuel line from the fuel pump into a jar or something and start the engine, brick the gas pedal to wide open and let it sit & run. Watch your fuel flow to see what happens. If you lose flow, you're looking at a restriction somewhere or a vent problem. If flow doesn't fall off, it's fuel boiling in the bowl. If that's the case, have a look at the flywheel air fan. There is a plastic fan that is attached to the engine's flywheel which cools the engine and if it has missing fins, the engine gets hotter than normal and can tend to boil fuel in the carb bowl due to radiant heat that isn't being "blown away" by the flywheel's fan.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts