Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

2012 Kawasaki KX250f spark plug

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  GREENISBEST 
#1 ·
So recentley ive purchased a 2012 kx250f, it was having some difficulties starting from cold. So I went online looking for the model of the spark plug. According to the owners manual for the 2012, it say i need an NGK CPR8EB-9 (https://www.manualslib.com/manual/12...2.html?page=41) so i went ahead and bought it, only for me to realise when i pulled the old spark plug out which was quite difficult, felt like it was screwed in hard, not only, it was very old an worn but the model was a NGK cr8e. So I i searched it up, and found the cr8e was for the older models. Now im not sure if i should put in the new one incase it damages the engine. So just wondering if anyone knows what i should do? If i should get another cr8e, or folllow the manual and put in the cpr8eb-9.
Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

Body jewelry Finger Wood Thumb Nail

See less See more
#2 ·
Kawasaki parts Fiche lists spark plug as either CPR8EB9 or CPR9EB9
Owners Manual does list CPR8EB9 (8&9) are just a different heat range and as it's only 1 it won't make a huge difference which one you instal.
(FYI They are both E plugs so the reach is the same as the CR8E)
Trouble is although it's on a 12 plate it could easliy be an earlier model so a Frame number would tell us 100% which Model you have and the spark plug/s it requires.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.