Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the Kawasaki mule 4010 year 2014 have a limp mode of any sort due to to much oil or running to hot or just plain do wanna run mode? Runs great for 45 minutes after that it bogs down and if you persist it finally get down to a walking pace. Any Kawasaki techs out there? I sure hate to trailer this thing all the way to San Antonio.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Apparently not.
Turn out to be a fuel pump issue. Cleaned tank, blew out fuel lines, adjusted valves to spec but the pump was not keeping up. Dealer wanted $$$ so took it home and swaped pumps myself. Took the old pump apart and found the brushes were worn and the contact points very scatched which may have reduced current flow to the motor windings as well as contact with the brushes. I will keep some the better off market pumps as spares on hand from now on and keep in mind clean fuel is a must. The fine particles that gets through the filter wears down the brushes and contacts in the pumps. Like sand paper. I beleive these filters are to small and not fine enough in the mesh for the way we fuel them and the conditions we run them in. Good Luck Ya'all

1 - 2 of 2 Posts