Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Alright guys, this ones on me - had a track day tomorrow, was ready to head out until all **** broke loose. First, battery was dead and didnt recover after a charge; replaced it, new one is good.

Now, the bike cranks away, but will not fire up. It sounds like the fuel pump is priming just fine when you turn the key and wait a moment.

Bike was last run in late October of last year, had no issues whatsoever. Pulled it into the garage, called it good. Pretty sure the last thing I did was take it out for a spin to get some fuel stabilizer run through the system.

I've already double checked the PC5 - everything looks fine, but I re-pushed the fuel map to be safe.

I've checked all fuses, everything is good.

At a loss here. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I would spray some starting fluid into the intake and see if it will start. If it does it indicates a fuel problem. If not, it may be ignition. Pull a spark plug out with wire or cop attached and ground the plug body against the engine and try to start it to see if the plug sparks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would spray some starting fluid into the intake and see if it will start. If it does it indicates a fuel problem. If not, it may be ignition. Pull a spark plug out with wire or cop attached and ground the plug body against the engine and try to start it to see if the plug sparks.
Was just coming back to update.

It's fuel-related. Pulled a plug; there is spark.

Sprayed starter fluid into the intakes; you hear it start to catch.

Thoughts? Would like to transfer fuel from the tank into a portable can, and see if I can remove the sender...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So, I got it.

Ended up taking apart the whole sender, cleaned off the sock (surprisingly dirty), and reassembled. Did a test pump and it worked fine.

Still no joy after that.

Turned out, I thought: why not disconnect one injector from the PC5 piggy back, and see what happens...

... And that was it. The power commander for some reason isn't working properly anymore. I disconnected it for now and am back to stock, and she runs just fine.

I'm befuddled as to why it failed. I pushed a new firmware as well as a fresh fuel map. Nothing worked. Guess I'll be calling them next week...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts