Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a 2021 Vulcan Voyager 1700 and it has shut down while riding it 5 times. Looking for insights and if others have had the same issue since my dealership is having trouble finding the issue. Under warranty but still very frustrating!

·
Super Moderator
10,919 Posts
There's lot's of things that can "shut down" the bike while riding. Perhaps some insight as to what it seems or feels like:

Like the kill switch is being activated? Electrics go off too? Or does it seem like it's running out of fuel?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There's lot's of things that can "shut down" the bike while riding. Perhaps some insight as to what it seems or feels like:

Like the kill switch is being activated? Electrics go off too? Or does it seem like it's running out of fuel?
The electrics are not effected when it shuts down. Tried the kickstand sensor and it works normal. I believe it is something simple but Yes it feels like it runs out of gas. Starter will not activate until the key is cycled off and back on. I work in aircraft so am familiar with troubleshooting issue and have not been able to nail it down. Dealership is closed today so not sure if they found anything out with Kawasaki.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update: Kill switch has an issue and is being replaced. Mechanic pushed the switch to the side and the bike shut off without the switch being toggled to the off position. New part on order so we will see if the issue is resolved in a few days.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just bought a 2021 Vulcan Voyager 1700 and it has shut down while riding it 5 times. Looking for insights and if others have had the same issue since my dealership is having trouble finding the issue. Under warranty but still very frustrating!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Glad they found the issue. I have a 2010 with 40k miles. Reliable bike, no problems. I'm sure it sounds lovely me a faulty switch happy riding once it's fixed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Glad they found the issue. I have a 2010 with 40k miles. Reliable bike, no problems. I'm sure it sounds lovely me a faulty switch happy riding once it's fixed.
I’ve had a 2007 Vulcan 900, 2010 Nomad and now the 2021 Voyager. Can’t wait to get it back and ride again.

·
Super Moderator
2,312 Posts
Good luck with that. Nobody has any bikes in stock.
The story has a happy ending as the dealer found a faulty kill switch.
But if you gave me the choice of a bike that could leave me stranded anywhere at any time or get my money back, I would take the money and run. You can always find a good used bike if you cannot find a new one to buy.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts