Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This thread goes along with the "Starter Clutch" thread..

I'm looking at the flywheel and starter drive gear behind it that fits into the sprag clutch.. With my fingers I can spin the gear in both directions and it's flopping around loose behind the flywheel...

Is the flywheel puller needed here common to other engines or is the one I need unique to THIS engine. The center bolt measures 10mm and the external threads on the flywheel hub measure 29mm. The factory puller is a $150 part for both pieces..

It's not like I'm six blocks away from a Kawasaki dealer..I'm 250 miles south of the border in Mexico..As a last resort, if I can remove the flywheel, I can remove the damaged clutch and gear and button it up until I can get the parts I need, using the recoil starter to start the machine..Has anyone else had to deal with this??

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Success! Using a standard issue 2-jaw puller, the flywheel popped off without any drama..The starter clutch it turns out is okay! What happened is the 3 short Allan head bolts that hold the starter clutch to the flywheel had sheared off, allowing the clutch and gear to flop around behind the flywheel. A trip into town and the nut and bolt store and I'm back in business! Whew!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.