Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all im new at this so go easy on me. i wanted to kno if theres any way to find out what year my atv is by looking for a numbr on the motor.ive been searching all the forums for the location of the vin but i cant find anything any ware. i even wiped the whole frame lookn for it. i havnt sanded the frame yet to chek if it miteve gottn painted over but i mite this weekend. if theres any way to get the year, modle etc. then pleez let me kno. i need to get the recoil starter reel but i dnt wanna order the part for the rong year. thanx p.s. any 1 got pics of the exact location of the vin on the frame?

·
mud riders anonymous
15 Posts
vin's on the bottom frame rail in front of the left foot peg, just inside your fender, doesn't matter if you paint it, should still be findable because the numbers are recessed. hope this helps :D

p.s most of the recoils and stuff are the same from 88 - approx. 98-99 so you should be fine, i've got a 91' and my brother has a 98' and most everything interchanges as well as a parts bike we found. kawie was pretty good about that back then :D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.