Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My girlfriend has a 09 ninja 250 and shes getting ready to do some stunt riding, problem is she doesn't like how big the 600's are so i told her i'd look into swapping out the 250 for a 600. after i get the 600 and it's ecu im pretty sure im goin to need the speedometor so it hooks up right, ne other tips before i get started on this

·
03 ZX-12R
609 Posts
Where there's a will, there's a way...
But I'd speculate that stuffing a 6 into a 2fiddy would be thousands of dollars in having 1-off parts fabricated and beefing up the frame.
I'd say hardly worth the time, money, or headache. Just lower the 6 as much as you can and cut the seat down to about 1/2" of padding.

·
Serial Sport Rider
638 Posts
ne other tips before i get started on this
Tip #1 - don't do it. Unless you're willing to essentially rebuild the frame from the ground up. The 250 only rates 33hp at the crank. I predict that without extensive reinforcement, it'll fold in on itself very quickly, assuming you could actually adapt that engine to go into that frame. There's a guy on another forum stunting the new gen 250 (bone stock too), so it can absolutely be done.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Good god. A 600 quad in a 250 twin frame? Buy her an XR350~650 and save yourself a world of wrenching issues. Better yet, find a TL250 and really (something involving liquid from ones bladder) the stunters off. :wink:

Edit: You're crazy enough, you and this guy might need to trade notes.

·
Registered
131 Posts
is this a troll post?
For his first post he wants to stick a huge engine into a little bike?

Just get a 600. The GSXRs have pretty low seats and are very lightweight. By the way, can I be named her beneficiary on the insurance?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.