Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently picked up an '88 model 250 Eliminator, and finding a tech book such as Clymer or Haynes has proved to be difficult. I want to check, or set if needed, the timing, but I have no idea how this is achieved on this bike, or even where to look. I don't know where the timing marks are located and even if I did, I wouldn't know how to adjust. Any help would be appreciated.

Richard

·
Registered
20,973 Posts
TIMING

The timing is set. You can't do much on changing it...although you could change it Slightly by changing the gap in your plugs. People think that you can't. but put a timing light on your car after changing a set of plugs from .025 then go to .045 without changing anything else...and you will se a difference. If you are running the good plugs you could go to a closer gap and advance the timing but not very much. It is better to leave the gap where it belongs and not mess with it as you have a CDI system which is really quite good. If you are lookig for more power then you aer int changing the carb setup, perhaps better filter and exhaust. You may be able to get by with rejetting...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts