Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How long are 250's known the last before rebuild or major internal problems? I know these bikes, stock, rev pretty high at highway speeds. Does that cause them to have short lives or are they just as good as any other bike? If someone has a 250 with high mileage, post it. I have 8500 on my 250 and have been taking good care of it and I dont abuse it.

·
Premium Member
2,408 Posts
The one i had, i bought it with 12k, and i put about another 5 with absolutely no issues. I know a fellow with 45k on his, but i dunno if thats normal.

·
Registered
19,728 Posts
With scheduled maintaince, a bike should last for over a 100k. Most people neglect and abuse them, thus shortening their lives.

·
Eddie Lawson is God!
5,683 Posts
Well Deke, your mileage may vary, BUT my stuff gets run at least 20 miles to burn the water out of the oil and exhaust. Since I am a MASTER Technician (cars, motorcycles and aircraft) I am comfortable taking it down to the molecules whenever necessary. Since I work in a dealership, I don't buy stuff with a history of major malfunctions. With the exception of my Buell and Kawasaki (Which are allowed to have personlity), I own Hondas as I HATE working on my own stuff.

The Kawasaki has personality as it makes roughly 100% more power than it did in 1982. The Buell has personality because it is my po boy Ducati.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts