Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a friend who's looking at a second-hand 250R as her first bike. Problem is, she's quite short; even lowering the bike as much as the suspension allows, she only barely touches the ground with the tip of her feet.
Are low-height seats an off-the-shelf item for the 250R, or would she need to have one custom-made (no doubt at great expense)?

Also, I have an ER-6F/650R with handlebars, not clip-ons; since said friend has said that the riding position on the 250R seems a bit too sporty to her, I'm wondering if one can adapt 650R handlebars to the 250R in order to have a more comfortable ride. I know people sometimes do this for the Suzuki SV650S, removing the clip-ons and mounting the handlebars from the non-fairied SV650...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
New generation. The risers are probably better than nothing, but I'm still thinking handlebars would be better, if it's possible to perform the modification at all.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
You can do a lot of modification to get her to be able to practically flat foot the bike if you are willing to spend some money and do some work....maybe a just new style of bike like a small cruiser?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts