Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The fuel tank in the mule I just bought is severly rusted inside.........although I have flushed it, corrosion still exists........will check into having it cleaned professionally and resealed........but would like to consider the alternative to replacing it with a plastic one.........does anyone know if there is one out there for a 3010 (5.3 gal). As a new metal one is approx $235.......trying to do this as economicaly and stopping future problems........I would appreciate all thoughts, thanks

·
Registered
49 Posts
mine is 01.........it is the same tank.........but unable to find it anywhere........can u help?
OK, that makes no sense.

You say you have rust, but you don't want to replace it with a plastic tank. Why?

Get a plastic tank that will last forever and be done with the problem.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a metal tank, and going through internet and Kawasaki dealers today I cannot find a plastic one, which is what I want. Is yours factory installed ? do you know where I can buy a plastic fuel tank for a 3010 mule (2001)? I can modify installation if the dimensions are within reason.thnaks

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have a metal tank, and going through internet and Kawasaki dealers today I cannot find a plastic one, which is what I want. Is yours factory installed ? do you know where I can buy a plastic fuel tank for a 3010 mule (2001)? I can modify installation if the dimensions are within reason.thnaks
I would just mount the plastic tank and make it work. As long as the fuel is sucked out in the same manner and the fill tube is the same, just order a plastic one meant for newer 3010's.

Pull up both schematics online and compare.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Robert, I guess I am not making myself clear.........I have a metal tank and wish to buy a plastic tank.........called 3 kawasaki dealers today and they said they are all metal........and everything on the internet is metal as well. So the big question is..........can anyone tell me where to purchase a plastic tank for a 3010 4x4.............thank you

·
Registered
49 Posts
Sorry bud, I misunderstood.

My tank is factory stock.

Did you tell the dealers you were looking for a 2001 3010 Tank or any 3010 tank?

Mine is a Trans Mule, but I doubt that has anything to do with it.

Part number for my tank is 51001-7503 according to Babbitts site. And it is listed at $235. Well, forget that. I just looked up the E1 ('01) Mule and the tank is totally different, and appears to be metal. 51001-1502. Fill tube is also in a different place. My filler is on the passenger side under the end of the seat

There is a steel tank on Ebay right now for a little over $100. Do a search if you want to go that way.

·
Registered
16 Posts
If you take the tank to a radiator shop, thay will hot tank it and seal it with a sealer and that is the end of the problem. Cost is about 85.00 here in Portland at Mac's Radiator. Doing business there for years and none better. Sometimes they cut a hole in it to scrape it and weld it back. Tim

1 - 9 of 9 Posts