Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 3010 Mule that appears to have almost a cruise control. When you stop, it will slide the tires on the pavement. If you have it in gear, even with the E-Brake it barely holds it from taking off. I have tried everything I can think of to check. Any Ideas?

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
I am having a hard time believing this is a legitimate question and not some sort of fishing expedition.

But, if it is a legitimate question here is what I would suggest you look into: The 3010 has a centrifugal clutch that is engine speed dependent. If the engine is not slowing down so the clutch disengages when you let off the throttle, then you need to start looking into idle speed, choke cable adjustment that may be keeping the high idle turned on when it should not be, throttle cable failure, drive belt or clutch problems, etc.

There is no single answer as to what it could be. Attempting to stop one with the engine pulling and the clutch not releasing is a good way to break an axle or a transmission shaft.

By the way, this sort of problem is pretty much unheard of on a Mule that is kept maintained as it should be.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Had this happen once to me, check for stuck,sticking,frozen throttle. Mine happened during the hunting season after going threw some water and leaving mule on trailer over night for the next day's hunt in sub freezing temps. Learned quick as it almost put me in a creek. Mule off trailer every night now and in heated shed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.