Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
If it is not just that you need to turn the dipstick so the flat side follows the bend in the tube, it may be the bolt that holds the tube on has worked loose. There is an O-ring between the tube and the block, and if the tube gets loose the O-ring can slip and block the dipstick.

Replace the O-ring if you have to reposition the tube.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will look into the attachment bolt, I was checking the oil to see if there was water present........my earlier post of mule not starting.......none present.......is it possible that there is something internal........that is not allowing the stick to go back in and is also the issue of my mule not starting?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
while I was @ dealer yesterday I had them look @ oil dip stick........as it turns out you have to pull the whole clutch assembly off to get to the bolt off attachment for the dip stick........( I am glad I was able to observe this being done, as a special tool is rquired to get the clutch off.......as it turns out the issue was the rubber gromet @ the top of the dip stick ( the gromet as you look @ it is cone shape over the stick) around 3/16 inch of the rubber had broken off the end and loged itself in the tube, not allowing it to go into crank case. Fortunently it didn't go in and cause potential damage.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts