Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Winter sucks.
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm TOTALLY riding to work today!

Finally! I had her out for about 45 minutes on Saturday (cloudy, clammy, and 35*) but today it's supposed to be sunny and tolerable. It's about **** time, I can tell you that!

:biggrin:

·
Registered
23 Posts
feels too nice this morning...:shock:
Wed and Thur suppose to be nice too. hope i can get a half hour in each after work.
8)

·
USAF
312 Posts
Once I get the oil changed I will be out there. Hopefully, that will allow for most of the sand and salt to be washed off the road.

·
2x the bike for 1/2 the $
1,175 Posts

Finally! I had her out for about 45 minutes on Saturday (cloudy, clammy, and 35*) but today it's supposed to be sunny and tolerable. It's about **** time, I can tell you that!

I've been riding in weather like that for the last couple months. :mrgreen:

·
Winter sucks.
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Kick *** ride to work. That Rogue ran great. It's still really hard not to speed.

·
I was at D.O.D #1!
785 Posts
If my ride this morning was any longer, Id have frostbitten hands! I gotta get some cold weather gloves! It was a nice ride though ;)

·
Winter sucks.
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was wearing windproof snowmobile gloves so my hands were nice and toasty. Just my face got cold (half helmet).

·
Big, Bald, Beautiful!
283 Posts

Hitting those days this month here too, except I don't have chaps, so I look for 40+ in the morning. LOL Such a great feeling to get on the road for more than just a few minutes of "addiction" feeding. It's now the time of year I can become a V-twin JUNKIE again!!! :mrgreen:

·
*NRA*
282 Posts
I think one of the trafic cams got a picture of you!

..wow, check out that expression- looks like he just saw Hillary Clinton in a bikini. And that half helmet is about to fall off, leaving nothing to protect his melon.:shock:

·
Registered
887 Posts
I rode to work last thursday for the first time this year, 40 miles one way, 34* at 5:30am - warmer, 47* for the ride home, smiled for three days.:biggrin:

·
Winter sucks.
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
feels too nice this morning...:shock:
Wed and Thur suppose to be nice too. hope i can get a half hour in each after work.
8)
What do you ride? Where in the area are you located? Perhaps I've seen you rollin around!

I made it yesterday and today. Things were frozen up and frost was on the road this morning, but judicious throttle control and careful cornering got me to work in one piece. Looks like tomorrow is going to be the last "ride to work" day for a while.

**** ND weather.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
It was about 32 degrees when I left the house at 5:00 this morning, supposed to hit 72 this afternoon. The problem is I have to wear the winter gear for the ride in, then I have to carry it all home because it is too warm to put it back on. I really didn't do much real cold weather riding this year - we had so much snow and crap that riding was unsafe in any temperature, so I had to leave the bike home. I'm usually good to about 20 degrees, and I was really looking forward to finding out if I could handle colder weather now that I have my PolarHands handlebar mitts. Alas, I'll have to find out next year.

·
Winter sucks.
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It was 35 this morning, but there was a little ice. I had a nice pucker moment, but made it fine. It looks like today is the last day I'll be able to ride for at least a week, so I decided to chance it. Should be a high of 45-50 today.

·
Former Vulcan Lady
4,225 Posts
We are going to be an unusual high of 70F today. I hope I can get out this afternoon.

·
Winter sucks.
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't hit 70 until May. Ugh. I really need to move, but the funds aren't there (or jobs).

1 - 20 of 21 Posts