Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 360 4x4 with less then 200 miles on it. I use it mostly for snow plowing and around the yard stuff. I started it up this spring and at mid throttle the engine miss fires and just about stalls. (it runs almost like it does in reverse without the overide). I took it to the dealer who indicated that the carb was clean but the engine only had a compression of 95. The dealer has been unable to contact Kawasaki for help (they dont answer the phone) Any thoughts?????
The bike was started once or twice a month since I owned it so I dont think the gas is bad. Thanks for any help...

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Even if the bike is started once or twice a month, the gas can pick up condensation in the tank leading it to go bad. If that gas is older than a couple of months - dump it and try some new gas. Even if its not, I would still get some new gas as you can get bad gas from the pump as well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The problem ended up being a carbon build up in the engine. It was solved by using a carbon cleaner to flush out the motor. Not sure what caused this

1 - 3 of 3 Posts