Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Header pipes are a bit old and not a lot of chrome left on them (originals) i would really like to keep my 1977 KZ650 as original as possible but a new exhaust system is extremely expensive for an old pensioner like me, anyone got any ideas I really don't want to go 4 into 1 it makes the bike look unbalanced from behind.

·
Administrator
4,860 Posts
Obviously brand new pipes would be the preferred solution but you have stated the cost is too much.
We can't tell how badly pitted your pipes are without pictures, but even pitted chrome looks better than rust.

You could also buy a small mig or tig welder and touch up all the pits and then sand them smooth before chroming. A labour of love.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Header pipes are a bit old and not a lot of chrome left on them (originals) i would really like to keep my 1977 KZ650 as original as possible but a new exhaust system is extremely expensive for an old pensioner like me, anyone got any ideas I really don't want to go 4 into 1 it makes the bike look unbalanced from behind.
I had a 1978 KZ 650 it was dark blue, put a Kerker 4 in 1 black on her with 4 KN HV cone air filters, really enjoyed that motorcycle, road her all over the USA. Best thing I did was put Pirelli tires on her.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts