Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am finally ready to buy a windshield for my 2009 4010 Mule. For the members who have the 4000 series Mules, which windshield do you have and why? Seems to be so many other there that it is hard to decide.

This is my first UTV so I don't know when I will keep the windshield on, I am leaning to a glass windshield due to scratching. Mule will be used on a farm with a wooded area. Will not do heavy trail riding.

Thanks for your comments

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
I use the glass Kawasaki option. Same issue for me is scratches. But there is a second advantage, the one I have opens up out forward from the bottom like a hatch on a hatchback car. With a goose/duck camo blind tarp, I have a great blind with comfortable seating for four, drinks, a football game sometimes available on the radio, and still plenty of visibility when the sleet is flying right along with the birds. When we are done, button it up and toss the tarp in the back and head for the barn in warmth.

For farming, I run others mostly without any windshields. The issue being dust! The windshield creates a big vacuum that picks up and pulls the dust right along with the rider in dry stuff.

The one I take moose hunting has no fixed windshield, but I pack a soft top with the plastic windshield that rolls up. Again, I want nothing in the way of my hearing when I am scouting a good moose spot, so run in the open. But, there seems to be a universal rule that after you get a moose, pack it out in chunks to the Mule, and load it up the sleet storms of the century set in. Then I pop on the instant top, use RainX on the windows, and head for camp in the lap of luxury. If the windshield gets trashed from the brush, I just get a new one sewn in the canvas at the boat top shop for the next year at a cost of around $25.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts