Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there quick question I’ve chance to buy a 4010 at reasonable money but guy says lost drive to rear wheels although will drive off front ones.
Is the 4010 better machine than 3010 ?
Before I go look at it what could it possibly be or likely to be also is it worth taking On as sounds decent machine otherwise.
It’s on a 08 plate .
Thanks any info appreciated.

·
Registered
939 Posts
4010 is better in some ways, worse in others

the efi on the 4010 is nice to have but it is imperfect; and can get expensive to fix. They got better through the years and here it is 2020, 21 models are fixing to come out, they're MUCH better now than they were in 07 or whatever the first year was.

no drive to rear wheels could be a lot of things. Engage the diff lock and see if the rear wheels try to work. If they do, you have either a spun/damaged hub, or a broken axle. Or less likely perhaps a broken differential. Luckily none of them are real hard repairs; although the diff will need the transmission removed/disassembled for access to it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Cookie Monster for that much appreciated,
I don’t seem to be having much luck at min I purchased a 3010 and it’s a bit of a nightmare It started leaking diesel fuel from the stop start solenoid which we managed to get out last night after cutting down a 24mm spanner .
Anyway they sent the wrong solenoid out to me the plunger won’t go in the hole and looked slightly different.
Apparently it’s a Denso pumpbut I have them a pic of the plate but new one won’t fit. Not the easiest of problems to fix .

·
Registered
939 Posts
did they send a genuine kawasaki part? If not, that my explain why it don't fit.

Those diesels are kind of odd. Half of the parts can be interchanged with other Daihatsu 3 cylinder diesels of the same model DM950D, other parts are specific to Kawasaki. Either way, they are expensive. You're much better off getting stuff from Kawasaki.

Also if it is a denso pump, denso makes a TON of different pumps, again order it from kawasaki so it actually fits. It might cost $1 more but as long as someone hasn't been fiddling with it, it should fit just fine.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi I’ll give you an update It’s fixed and I’ll share with you in case anyone else has same problem.
I phoned everywhere and got nowhere all I wanted was a stop solenoid as it was leaking out if crimp top. Kawasaki wanted to supply only a full pump !!!!
The part was very tight and had to strip a few parts off to getter access then the diesel pipes were twisting trying to get last one off so thought we would leave the pipes in situ as it might bust so we cut a 24mm spanner down to about 5” in lengh It just squeezed in onto the solenoid . A long bar and a crack and it came loose luckily.
The new one didn’t fit ! The plunger was wrong . Anyway I sent that back and noticed a Denso one on eBay £25 , it had same hexagonal plunger so I took a gamble and it was exactly same.
Connected everything back up and as good as new !!!
Can’t believe it but that was my journey at one point I was really backed into a corner but sorted in the end.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts