Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2009 4010 Trans gas that runs fine if I give it a little throttle. If I floor it it spits and sputters and just about dies. I can let up on the accelerator and it goes back to running fine. I just got it back from the repair shop who (surprise, surprise) decided I needed all new clutches. Also, ECM was replaced back in January as part of an “unadvertised” recall. When I I got it back last Wednesday it ran great,,,,for a day then back to spitting and sputtering. Last night on a whim I decided to see if maybe it was a sensor going bad. I disconnected the battery for about 30 minutes and then reconnected. Low and behold it ran well for about 10 minutes then back to sputtering.
Does anyone have any thoughts on what sensor could be causing this? I am not a mechanic but have reasonable knowledge on how to turn a wrench and replace parts if pointed in the right direction. What are y’all’s thoughts? Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2009 4010 Trans gas that runs fine if I give it a little throttle. If I floor it it spits and sputters and just about dies. I can let up on the accelerator and it goes back to running fine. I just got it back from the repair shop who (surprise, surprise) decided I needed all new clutches. Also, ECM was replaced back in January as part of an “unadvertised” recall. When I I got it back last Wednesday it ran great,,,,for a day then back to spitting and sputtering. Last night on a whim I decided to see if maybe it was a sensor going bad. I disconnected the battery for about 30 minutes and then reconnected. Low and behold it ran well for about 10 minutes then back to sputtering.
Does anyone have any thoughts on what sensor could be causing this? I am not a mechanic but have reasonable knowledge on how to turn a wrench and replace parts if pointed in the right direction. What are y’all’s thoughts? Thanks!
What was your solution?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts