Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can the vulcan 500 handle a one day road trip of 300 miles okay. The 1996 bike is in excellent condition just not sure if a 500 is up to this kind of run. Looking at covering the 300 miles in about 6 hours.

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
I take my 500r on 400 a day runs all the time. I believe the vulcan is based on the same engine. The bike is more than capable of pulling off as many miles as you'd like.

·
Registered
605 Posts
lol, mine is a 750, and trust me you don't need 6 hours to do 300 miles, it's a lot more like 300 in 4 1/2 if you have a good mpg and an ass of steel...sturgis SD here I come 400 miles away

·
Registered
412 Posts
First of this month I did a 518 mile trip on my Ninja 500, no problems what so ever.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
I did 200 miles last saturday.....ran perfect!! If your bike is ready to go and it sounds like you take care of it you should be fine.

Have fun!! 8)

·
Registered
412 Posts
r409z said:
I bet you were glad to get off the bike after a trip like that.
Actually was just fine until about the last 50 miles when I was about home my legs started to get cramped. Other then that nothing else got sore.

·
Registered
837 Posts
that bike will go as far as you want it to go any day...just get on and go dude... :wink:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.